Monday, May 3, 2010
The Moon's rainbow
After saturating the colors using Picasa, I found this to be an interesting display of the colors of the moon rainbow. Each time there is a full moon here in Hawai'i, I can't help to think about the colors it projects. Its not quite as dramatic as the photo BUT its clear there are colors.
To clarify a little, I was playing around with my shutter speed mode on the camera - tried pictures with an open shutter from 10 - 3 seconds. That's how I'm able to pick up more light (stars in the sky) and motion from the clouds. This was during a full moon.
This is the first time I've actually tried saturating a picture like this and seems to further concrete those thoughts. I'm not even sure how many people realize there are colors being projected through the moon? I've never had a conversation about it with anybody - I believe this would be true for most of us. Even growing up in the central valley of California where its flat farm lands, the moon never seems to be as bright as in the middle of the Pacific.
Those visits to the other islands are going to be a trip....
UPDATE
I just did a quick search and found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonbow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment